Kind of an old fashioned favorite, the Snickerdoodle has long been a favorite in our house. The goofy name is enough to lure you in, but one whiff of the cinnamon-vanilla sweetness and you can never forget these babies. They’re light in both flavor and texture, with a wonderful crumbly chewiness that is just perfect after lunch or as a special treat.
1 c butter
1 1/4 c sugar
2 3/4 c flour
1/2 t salt
1 t baking soda
2 t cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until creamy.
- Add the eggs and beat well.
- Add the flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar and mix on low, increasing speed as the mixture is combined. Mix only until well blended.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a small, flat bowl. Shape the dough into 1” evenly-sized balls and roll them in the cinnamon-sugar mixture to cover completely.
- Arrange balls on the parchment paper at least 2” apart and bake 8 – 10 minutes, or until the edges turn golden brown.
- Cool them on a wire rack, and see how long they last!