These cookies are super fun! They look like a plain vanilla cookie, but when you bite into one there’s a soft chocolate center. Yum! They’re simple to make and convey a definite playfulness, suitable for holiday cookie exchange or gift giving.
1/2 c sugar
1/4 c packed brown sugar
1/2 c butter, at room temperature
1 t vanilla
1 2/3 c flour
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
3 dozen chocolate stars
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the sugar, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, and egg in a large bowl. Combine well.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt, just until combined.
- Taking one chocolate star at a time, mold about 2 t cough around the star, to completely cover it.
- Place the balls 2″ apart on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 6 – 8 minutes, until lightly golden.