Is there anyone who doesn’t love a really good brownie? There are countless recipes around, and countless ideas about what makes a brownie “perfect.” But with a cakey, dense, and chocolatey cookie, it’s hard to imagine how that combination could go wrong. My personal preference is for chewy, not crumbly, with a rich chocolate flavor. That’s what this recipe will provide, my idea of perfection in a simple chocolate brownie.
Chewy Chocolate Brownies
10 oz unsweetened chocolate
1 c unsalted butter
2 1/2 c sugar
1 T vanilla
1 1/2 c flour
1/2 t salt
1/2 c chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter a 9 x 9\12″ baking dish.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in low, either in the microwave or stovetop. Let cool slightly.
- Beat the eggs, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Add the chocolate/butter mixture and mix on low until well blended.
- Add the flour and salt, beating until just barely incorporated.
- Spread in the prepared baking dish for 40 minutes.
- Cool in the pan, cut into serving size pieces, and serve.