This is one of the first desserts I ever made. It’s simple, fast to prepare, and oh so satisfying. Especially with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Among the countless apple crisp recipes, this one is the quickest, most simple combination, with a pure, decidedly apple flavor. Don’t even try to make a low-fat version of this treat, it’s perfect just as it is.
4 tart apples, like Granny Smith
1/2 c butter, at room temperature
1 c rolled oats
1/2 c packed brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter an 8 x 8″ baking dish.
- Peel, core, and chop the apples, and put them in the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, oats, and brown sugar, combining it well.
- Scatter the mixture over the apples, and bake for 1 hour.